How to Lose Weight Without Giving Up Ice Cream


When I started my blog Create a new baby Body, I talked a lot of small steps. I can not stress enough how important they are in my life. Case in point: a visit to the ice cream, one of my latest strategies to keep my family happy, while keeping sugar consumption under control.

My lucky children get to spend all his summer vacation at the beach. And yet, like most children, they forget how sweet it is and want more. Each day, the ice cream truck came to our beach, and when the bell rings, wheezing, begging and pleading start. To avoid spending $ 20 a day on food frozen or deal with food coloring stains in neon swimwear, I had to get a plan.

Where I live in Long Beach Island, there seems to be an ice cream shop on every corner, and each has some ice cream kitchen sink, large cone, or quadruple wet. While I have no problem saying no to these things, I have to be realistic, homemade yogurt jumps just do not cut it when you live on an island frozen fantasies. Enter the "tower of ice cream."

: From 5 Desserts not going to believe they are sugar

Every week, my band and I have reached a new ice cream shop and conduct a taste test. The menu is always the same: a vanilla / chocolate soft cone for kids bathtub. My kids bring their ice cream daily, personal interview, and evaluate the taste, the price, the drip factor, size, and overall experience. We took many pictures and all pictures on every page. It is absolutely adorable! We arrived at six different gelato and competition is fierce.

Six trips to the ice cream may not seem like a roadmap for fitness and good health, but it's all about baby steps. This is a controlled experiment we have to test the same sample of each week, so there's lots of whipped cream, cookies and other, hot fudge, or other tempting as pads accumulated number of calories. And if used wisely sugar, with a dessert after the trip, the court, long way home, or my favorite, dance jam, which is kicking to burn calories.

While visiting the ice cream can not be part of a formal diet is a great way to keep your family summer fun on the check and to hide some homework. My hopes for my children to write journals summer sail before reaching the July 4, but when a trip to the ice cream shop is accompanied by a handy-dandy book, we're in business. Company Sweet!